Friday, February 27, 2009

Celebrities that live in Indiana

  • Scott Skiles of Plymouth, IN
    Played on the Plymouth High School basketball team when they won the entire state game. At this time Indiana had only one winner for the entire state.
  • Noble Kizer of Plymouth, IN
  • Richard Bergman of Plymouth, IN
  • David Letterman of Indianapolis, IN
  • Michael Jackson of Gary, IN
  • Oprah Winfrey also lives with in the cornfields of Indiana.


  • The Wizard of OZ

    The location was the Hoosier community of Ozcot at the Wizard of Oz Lodge located on the shores of Bass Lake Indiana

    Toto, Indiana, does that ring a bell? Yes the dog in Wizard of OZ. Toto Indiana is a town very close to Bass Lake Indiana where the story Wizard of OZ was either completely or partially written. I may be wrong on this, but in case anyone else has wondered where L. Frank Baum got the name for Toto, the dog in the book, I have a possible solution. L. Frank Baum lived in Chicago and summered in Koontz Lake, Indiana - or near there. Not too far away - on the railroad- is the town of Toto, Indiana, begun in the 1850's. I can't remember why it is named that. I think he named the dog after the town. BTW, Toto is still there. It is a small town with not too much in it. It has a variety store that has very good prices and according to my husband, a restaurant with awesome Italian beef sandwiches. My family has been going there occasionally for bargains since the 1950's.


  • Also Bill Gaither He is the largest, most popular Christain music promotor in the world. He has written more Christan songs than any one else. He also has a TV show. Bill lives in a very small town, called Alexandria, Indiana. Population around 400.

    My wife and I went to eat at a resturant in Anderson Indiana. Anderson is about 20 miles from Alexandria, Indiana. I saw this guy leaving and mistaked him for someone else I knew from Anderson, so I went up to this man and asked him if he was the person I knew. He said no.... I went back in side and a customer asked me did I know who I was talking to? I said no,, they said that man was Bill Gaither. Wonder how Bill Gaither felt?

1 comment:

Loretta said...

Thanks for the update. You should get in touch with the bizymoms Anderson community to feature these on their page. It’s free and the moms will love it.